Feb 17, 2013

Rest


Noticing a trend? I'm obviously moving my old posts over here, but this one grabbed my attention and made me laugh. Sometimes I'm such a dork!
Remember all those wonderful plans I had? A daily plan! A weekly menu! All sorts of priorities figured out! Plans are good. So are memories!
Here is a round-up of the week thus far:
Attempted to cook, but couldn’t stand to look at food.
Attempted to eat some junk food, but it was gross too. Possibly gained 10 pounds just looking at it.
Slept all day Monday thanks to the weather. (Bad pain days always mean sleep.)
Was invaded by ginormous house flies.
While trying to make homemade sticky fly traps, almost set the kitchen on fire. (Thank you Lord for a functional smoke detector!)
Ran around with a spray bottle filled with water and a few squirts of soap, spraying at flies and windows, using all reserved energy.
Woke up to… no buzzing! Well, some buzzing, but lots of dead flies!
Called housekeeping services. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
Glared at dead flies. Stared at laundry. Pondered dishes. Stuck up nose at toilet.
Went to the ironically named Dr. Hack. Forgot the words to tell the receptionist why I was standing in front of her.Set up more tests.
Sneered at house that smelled like smoke.
Thanked God for the gift of rest and peace in the midst of chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment