Feb 11, 2013

PO Box and FedEx Frustration

In general, I'm a fan of FedEx. After all, they deliver to my doorstep, and even pick up in the same spot regardless of whether or not I am at home.

But, I recently overnighted my health insurance premium to the stated address, and received it back labeled "Return to Sender." Needless to say, I was a bit freaked by it, as I need my health insurance as it's the only one that will cover all my fun pre-existing conditions.

Contacting PCIP, I was informed that it was the correct address, and my coverage would not be cancelled. (Phew!)

Contacting FedEx, I was informed that they do not ship to P.O. Boxes. Enter confusion.

If this was clearly stated on the website, I'm sure I would not have missed that important notation. The website accepted the P.O. Box without any problems, which comes as a surprise. I've ordered lots of things online, and if they are unable to ship to a P.O. Box, it is clearly notated on the page where you enter your address information. And if you STILL enter a P.O. Box, it spits it back out at you.

So why doesn't FedEx do this?

Granted, they did give me a 50% refund (they call it a credit), but I'm still out $13.10 when I didn't even know I was making a mistake. I looked again at the website, and have yet to find a statement indicating this issue. It's probably there, just buried in the miasma of the world wide web.

What are you experiences with FedEx?

No comments:

Post a Comment