Mar 21, 2013

Natural Treatment of Cold Flashes

If you haven't yet read my last post about cold flashes, be sure and check it out. Also check out I'm Hot... No Wait, I'm Cold... Nope, I'm Hot, which is pretty self explanatory.

Scouring the Internet, I've found a number of natural ideas and treatments for treating cold chills/ cold flashes. Some I have already tried, others I have not. Just as with Fibromyalgia, what works for one person may not work for another, so if you're not good buddies yet with trial and error, you might want to set up a play date.

Dietary Treatment of Cold Flashes

  • Avoid or eliminate sugar.
  • Avoid or eliminate caffeine.
  • Drink lots of water.
  • Avoid or eliminate alcohol.
  • Drink tea. (But leave out the sugar!)
  • Eat a well-balanced diet.
  • Avoid very cold foods such as ice cream. (Ha!)
  • Avoid tea. (Contradictory, I know.)
  • Drink green tea.
  • Use coconut oil.

Herbal Treatment of Cold Flashes

  • Evening primrose.
  • Raspberry leaf tea.
  • Black cohosh.
  • Selenium.
  • Ginger.

Lifestyle Treatment of Cold Flashes

  • Exercise or just plain get moving.
  • Quit smoking.
  • Learn and practice stress control techniques.
  • Eliminate toxic relationships.

Other Natural Treatments for Cold Flashes

  • Avoid cold weather. (Anyone want to pay for me to move somewhere tropical?)
  • Take a hot bath or shower.
  • Load on the sweaters and stay at home socks.
  • Put a hat on. Yes, inside your house.
  • Cuddle under a few heavy blankets.
  • Use a heating pad or electric blanket.
  • Acupuncture.
  • Apply a hot water compress to your feet.
  • Soak your feet in hot water. 
As you can see, there are a number of ideas here, but not nearly as many as I would like. What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment