Apr 6, 2013

Latex Free Socks

Socks are one clothing item that you really can't do without. If you're like me and literally just dumped out your sock drawers, you're probably wondering what in the world to do now. Fortunately, there are options! Not a lot, but there are some.

I went from drawers full of fun and colorful socks to seven pairs. It was quite the culture shock, as I was used to having a variety to choose from to lift my spirits a bit in the morning. I liked wearing cute socks. While I have yet to find printed latex free socks, I did find some colored socks from J. Crew.


  • J. Crew: My best advice is to simply call them and ask about latex free socks. I had an incredibly helpful customer service agent that contacted all sorts of people to ensure that a particular line of socks was latex free. It took perhaps a week, but it was well worth the wait. Plus, I now have pink socks! The particular socks I bought were on clearance, so I can't really offer a price range.
  • Cottonique: I haven't ordered from this company, but I hear nothing but good reviews. Their white socks are $18.75 for a two pack, and are made of 100% organic cotton.
  • Vermont Country Store: While the socks here are both marketed for men, women can easily just buy a smaller size and be happy. (That's what I did.) 
    • Their Merino Wool socks are comprised of merino wool and nylon and come in traditional trouser sock colors. They are $13.95 per pair.
    • The Non-Elastic Crew Socks come in a two pack and are 99% cotton and 1% nylon. They are $9.90 per pack. These are what I bought. They don't stay up like "regular" socks, but they work, they're comfy, and most importantly, I don't react to them.
There are some other companies that advertise as offering latex-free socks, but so far these are the only ones that I can confirm. Please comment if you have any socks to add to the list!

Remember to ask about spandex/lycra/elastene as well- these aren't necessarily safe for those with latex allergies anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment