Apr 27, 2013

Confession #5: I Don't Always Wear My Gloves and Mask When I Should

I'm bad. There are so many times when I really should be wearing my respirator and nitrile gloves... but I don't. Such as right now, when I'm typing on the computer. My fingertips are getting painful and are incredibly itchy, and I have a mild headache. It's due to the latex behind the keyboard. Every key press releases more particles from their little home, making every word of this post more harmful to me.

Have you TRIED wearing nitrile gloves all the time? Your hands get sweaty, and they get so uncomfortable. My respirator starts digging into my face or head, leaving marks where the straps were. And with overactive sweat glands, I can't type very long at all before I can picture streams of water flowing out from under my gloves. Granted, this has never happened, but it could. Right?

Every exposure to latex makes a latex allergy worse. I know this. I'm fully aware that latex is in practically everything. Most of the time I wear my gloves and mask, but dang it, sometimes I just want to LIVE!

In short, yes, I am a huge hypocrite. Aren't we all? But as long as I'm a good girl the vast majority of the time, I think I'll be alright. At least that way I'll be able to maintain the tiny thread of sanity I have left, and get a few things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment