Apr 28, 2013

Chronic Illness and Relationships: A Series

Recently I've had to take a good hard look at my relationships with both family and friends as a result of hateful, hurtful verbal attacks. I refer to these as attacks as I have simply not responded to these uneducated, ignorant remarks. As a result, I've decided to start a series of posts discussing the issues anyone with chronic illness faces when it comes to relationships.

I've also started looking at what the Bible says regarding these sorts of things. Before you decide to dismiss these posts since I am approaching this from a Biblical perspective, not every post will be filled with Bible verses. While I feel very strongly about my faith, I also respect those of other viewpoints. Even if you think the Christian faith is a bunch of bologna, you have to admit there are some great kernels of advice in the Bible.

This series will be quite personal, but I believe that the chronic illness community needs more people who are willing to be authentic about their situation and failings, as well as the stark reality of living with illness. Many of the topics and situations I discuss will be applicable in other situations as well, and hopefully will provide anyone who doesn't suffer from an invisible malady a glimpse into our world.

Since this is a very broad topic, I'll open it up to you. What do you want me to address? What issues/problems are you having?


No comments:

Post a Comment