Nov 28, 2012

Priorities


Generally I'm not one to be easily overwhelmed, but in considering what needs to be a priority in my journey to a neat, clean house I keep thinking I want EVERYTHING done- NOW! Time for a change of perspective and to ask myself some questions....
What do I really NEED? Food. Shelter. Clothing. Sleep. Medicine. Water.
From which I derived this list of daily tasks:
  1. Load and empty one load of dishes.
  2. Wash, dry, and PUT AWAY one load of laundry- one day per week being the bedding.
  3. Filter two pitchers of water.
  4. Cook something.
  5. Wipe off kitchen counters/stove.
What do I need but is not necessary to my survival? Clean food prep. Money (later). Clean litterboxes. Medicine.
So my next priority would be:Can Until You Can't
  1. Organize medicine.
  2. Clean litterboxes.
  3. Clean kitchen.
What would make me feel better? Baths. Decreased allergens. Healthy meals.
  1. Declutter- less to dust.
  2. Brush cats.
  3. Bathe cats.
  4. Dust regularly.
  5. Wash linens regularly.
  6. Clean bathtub and jets.
  7. Organize food.
  8. Plan menus.
What would help me work more efficiently?
  1. Organize all my craft/upcycling items.
  2. Organized desk.
  3. Clean couch.
  4. Organized computer work area. (Need to get that big old desk of my Mom's so I'm not limited to the couch!)
  5. Meals ready to go at lunch time.
  6. Work schedule.
Phew! It's only a start, but every little crossed-off task will get me that much closer to my goal of a simpler, cleaner, more organized life!

No comments:

Post a Comment