Nov 29, 2012

More Priorities


Don't you think this blog is pretty? No? Neither do I. It looks incredibly awful and I will be the first to admit it. But right now... it's just not a priority.
The result of a search for "virtuous woman." Hehehe!
In all honesty, I must admit that while I do want to help people, it's stinking hard to keep yourself  accountable when all you want to do is take a Benadryl and sleep... all the time. But is that what the Virtuous Woman of Proverbs would do? Definitely not! While Christ is of course my ultimate example and strength, it certainly helps to have a female role model. (But I bet she didn't have fibromyalgia and more additional diagnoses than she can count!)

So, while I hope eventually others gain hope and inspiration and all sorts of other warm fuzzies from this blog, right now I need some accountability- and this seems like the best option.

Two days into the routine and it's going OK, aside from the fact that the routines were not followed either day! However, the general routine was indeed followed, and considering that I'm still weak from some unknown illness, that's pretty good!

Repetitive movement = ow!
Yesterday morning two rows of the garden were planted (yay!) and today I did some much-needed laundry, while still getting some work done- yet another example of how anyone with fibro has to CONSTANTLY prioritize. (Yes, I needed clean clothes.)
Granted, this can make some relationships difficult. However, anyone who truly loves and cares for myself and my husband refuses to take cancellations personally and understands that this is simply how life is. Unfortunately, this sometimes means that family members and friends who we care for must essentially be "dumped." If someone makes you feel worse instead of better, they need to go. Fibro causes enough pain without stress- relationships that bring more negative into your life than positive will only make you feel worse.
I am again well aware that this post has gone far off topic, but this is what is on my heart today. Keep taking those baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment