Nov 29, 2012

Confession #1: Messy House


While I'm at it, I figured I might as well begin my first confession. My house is a wreck. For seven years I worked outside the house, and pretty much all I did was sleep, eat, work, and go doctors. Really. So.... it's taken a toll on my house.
I've always believed honesty is the best policy and lived by that rule. I am who I am, circumstances are what they are, and despite my embarrassment, I have decided to share pictures with you of my unruly home, room by room. It's messy. It's dirty. It's embarrassing. But it's the truth.
It's not bad enough to be on Hoarders, but bad enough that I can't remember the last time we had company. Time for a plan of action- and if I can do it, you can too!
I've tried a number of different people's ideas, calendars, lists, and schedules, including the Fly Lady's. I really like her ideas, but it simply doesn't WORK for someone like me. If I'm in pain, I could care less if the kitchen sink is shined. In fact, I don't really care if it ever shines, as long as it's not full of dishes all the time. Priorities need to be everything....
Here's the plan:
  1. Establish a few things that simply must be done on a daily basis. Do them!
  2. Figure out a plan to declutter, organize, and clean one small area per day. Baby steps!
  3. Follow the plan, maintaining completed areas on a regular basis that shall be determined.
  4. Share pictures throughout- the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Since I'm working from home for a reason, a missed day is NOT the end of the world. I'll just pick it back up the next day and proceed as if nothing happened.
Try it along with me. We'll stumble, but we'll get back up and move on.

2 comments:

  1. Leanna, I will confess also that my house is a wreck! I understand completely how hard it is with Fibro! I worry about starting the Instagram thing that I might be taking on more than I can handle but I have to support my thrifting habit somehow!! Thanks for all of your help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! You certainly learn what is most important in life when dealing with an illness(es)!

    ReplyDelete