Aug 16, 2013

We've Moved... Again!

Nice storage unit, huh? I mean... home.


Since our home was invaded by toxic smoke, part of the reason for an ER visit, we had to move.

The landlord simply could not wrap his head around the fact that smoke really can get into a building from another unit or from the outside, and that it was indeed potentially deadly to me.



Fortunately, he was OK with us moving and we didn't have to fight breaking the lease. He promptly moved in an extended family of chain smokers into all three units that were now empty. Well... to each their own. Good riddance, I say!

Gorgeous pocket door...
that must stay shut. *sigh*
Needless to say, my hopes of making the place into a cozy home with some awesome raised bed gardens were dashed. The place we found has all hardwood floors, real wood kitchen cabinets, and is newly remodeled. BUT, it's incredibly small, with the kitchen and bathroom quite awkward, without a washer/dryer hookup, and without a yard. So, we've got our work cut out for us.

Another caveat is that the sliding pocket door that divides the living room and bedroom has most definitely not been painted or sealed, nor has the one tiny closet. They're both off-gassing old toxic cigarette sludge, so we are saving up for some seriously awesome AFM Safecoat Hard Seal. (If you have any other suggestions as to what might work, please let me know! It's hard finding something to seal in the smoke that won't kill me.)

So, here's to trying again! Hopefully this time I won't be smoked out before I get a chance to make the place a home!

In the spirit of confessions of a fibromyalgia fun-lover, I've decided to share pictures of my incredible unpacking and downsizing adventure. Who needs perfection when you have chaos?

Buddy the cat is still confused.


It's better now. I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment