Oct 12, 2013

Homemade Latex Free Underwear Pattern

It's no secret I make my own undies. There's no way I'm forking out the dough to buy manufactured latex-free underwear that I could react to anyways.

Quite some time ago I bought Kwik Sew K3301 as an easy pattern to make my own underwear. Specifically, I use my hubby's old t-shirts as the material. I cut out two pieces of material, approximately 1/2" outside the pattern, sew it up, and I'm done. Sometimes I'll finish up the edges, but if I'm in hurry, they can wait.

I skip the elastic. While I do have some latex-free elastic from Sew Sassy, the stuff isn't cheap. For this particular pattern, I end up with undies that are similar to boy shorts. The pattern covers pretty much all sizes, so I'm not worried if I gain or lose weight.


Someday I'll make pretty latex-free underwear.... some day....

Also, there's a decent comfy bra pattern included. I haven't tried it yet, but I will at some point, whenever I have enough of my comfy upcycled latex- free bras finished.

Currently Amazon has this pattern for $12.31 with free shipping (Prime not necessary!). I downloaded the pattern online, printed it out, cut it up, and pieced it together. It was rather annoying, and I wouldn't recommend the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment