May 2, 2013

What's Wrong with Me? A Detailed List of My Diagnoses

While I primarily focus on blabbering about my diagnoses of latex allergy and fibromyalgia, I have a number of other related- or not related- issues. The following is a list, some of which I am no longer suffering from but have dealt with at some point. If you'd like to know more about my experiences with any of them, please do let me know. I'm happy to share!

Surgeries:
  • Appendectomy 
  • Sinus surgery
  • Laparoscopy with laser
  • D&C
  • Cryocautery
  • Kidney stone surgery
  • Hysterectomy
Diagnoses:
  • Fibromyalgia
  • Migraines
  • Restless leg syndrome
  • Periodic limb body movement syndrome
  • Narcolepsy
  • Insomnia
  • Hypersomnia
  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Hypertension
  • Raynaud's syndrome
  • Dysmenorrhea
  • Adenomyosis
  • Ovarian cysts
  • Osmotic diarrhea
  • Irritable bowel syndrome
  • Asthma
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Kidney stones
  • Dizziness/vertigo
  • Psoriasis
  • Sprained ankle
  • Broken ankle
  • Ulcers (caused by NSAIDs)
Allergies:
  • Latex
  • Penicillin
  • Doxycyclines
  • Excedrin Migraine
  • Mold
  • Trees
  • Grass
  • Ragweed
  • Candida
  • Dogs
  • Smoke
  • Cockroaches (ew!)
  • Bandages/Adhesive
  • Wheat
  • Rice
  • Soy
  • Garlic
  • Lettuce
  • Cinnamon
  • Corn
  • Coconut
  • Bananas
  • Cucumber
  • Cashews
  • Black pepper
  • Raw tomatoes
  • Spandex/Lycra/Elastic
  • Chlorine
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Body wash
  • Deodorant
  • All soap with the exception of 3 bar soaps
  • Perfumes
  • Lotion
Tests:
  • Blood (lots)
  • Allergy (multiple types)
  • Endoscopy (lost count of the number)
  • Colonoscopy (don't recall how many)
  • Arterial blood gas
  • Methacholine challenge
  • Many more
If you're wondering why in the world I just shared my medical record with the world, there are multiple reasons:
  • It shows others with similar problems that they are not alone (could be you!).
  • It provides a glimpse into my background and some context as to where I am coming from.
  • It probably makes anyone with fewer issues feel better (though many are worse off than I am). 
And the #1 reason why I shared?
             ... drumroll pelase...

I can't lose it!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, do me! Do me!! I can't remember a lot of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I will if that helps! We'll be sidekicks in the war against all things toxic and stupid.

      Delete