May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!


Reasons Why I Love You, Mom:

You love unconditionally.

No matter how old I am or how safe I am, you worry about me.

You lead by example.

You listen.

No matter how crazy the idea or concept, you always respect my thoughts.

You are the strongest person I know.

You have faith. Faith in God, faith in people, and faith in yourself.

You cry with me.

You laugh with me.

You value relationships over all else.

You are spontaneous.

You taught me the "yea much" cooking technique, which is now helping me maintain a semblance of sanity.

You've taught me that the only friendships worth having are those in which there is not judgement, but acceptance.

You helped me come to terms with a little known disease, and taught me that just because you accept a problem doesn't mean that you don't fight it.

You trusted me with managing my own medications when I was barely a teenager, allowing me to develop a sense of what I need to even begin to function.

You cried with me at my wedding.
You always have a full meal at hand, despite what you may consider to be a full meal.

You taught me how to bargain shop on everything.

You instilled in me an appreciation of other cultures and backgrounds.

You care more about the other 364 days of the year than you do about Mother's Day.

You let me forget holidays like Mother's Day without reproach.

You give of yourself freely, and are surprised when you receive.

You are open to new ideas and concepts.

You let me pursue my goals and aspirations, no matter how far-fetched.

You give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

You don't ascribe intentions.

You are creative.

You won't believe me when I tell you that this list could go on infinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment