Jun 18, 2013

The Chronic Illness and Relationship Series: The Circle of Illness

*Warning: Has a cuss word at the end. Just so you know.*

My prayer today is that today's blog post will make sense. I just came down with a cold, my meds are all screwed up, and I didn't sleep a wink last night.

However, I just got a glimpse of a post on a friend's Facebook page that made me realize that I really need to write this! This person has cancer, so it's all the more relevant in their situation.

Behold, I give you: 

The Circle of Illness


*Non-sups= non-supportive people

I know, it's a really crappy rendition, but this is my circle in a nutshell. In case you haven't realized it, I'm sick and have a lot of junk going on in my body that makes me feel like *insert every expletive known to man here* pretty much all the time. It is what it is.

Every person with an illness, whether it's chronic, terminal, or somewhere in between, has their own circle. (Yep, that means you.)

So here's your challenge. Now that you've seen my circle, grab a piece of scrap paper and make your own. I'm not kidding. Do it. It doesn't take long. Write down names.

Now, seeing as how YOU are the center of your illness circle, look at each name. Think about that person. Are they putting positive in or are they putting negative in. If they're putting positive in, that's wonderful! They're a keeper! If they're putting negative in.... well, you may need to re-evaluate that relationship.

Since I'm really starting to need my Kleenex, I'm going to leave it at that for now and revisit our circle fun at a later date. But if you are saddened at the realization that someone you thought loved you is only putting negative into your circle, don't fret. You don't have to do anything right now but recognize it. And feel free to kick them the freak out of your circle. 

I've done it. It sucked. It still does suck! But am I better for it. You bet your medicine cabinet I am!

Til later,
Pain free wishes and kickin' bitches outta your circle dreams,
Leanna

No comments:

Post a Comment