Jun 14, 2013

Bob's Red Mill Potato Flakes Review and Simple Recipes

With a zillion food allergies, I don't have many easy go-to foods that aren't fresh produce. While I trust him, my hubby doesn't trust himself to buy me anything since the last two times he's bought me groceries I've had a reaction.
This leaves me with few options when I don't have the energy to cook and don't have anything cooked ahead. Fortunately, Bob's Red Mill has me covered.... every four days, at least.

Bob's Red Mill Potato Flakes contain potatoes, mono and diglycerides from vegetable oil (to improve texture), and citric acid. That's all.

They're gluten free, and while I haven't called and asked about what types of vegetable oil is used, I've been just fine eating them. (I am allergic to soy and corn, both of which are possible sources.)

My go-to "recipe" is to throw some in a big bowl, add water, and microwave 2 and a half minutes. I add sea salt and nutritional yeast, stir well, and I'm on the way to Tastyville.

My other "recipe" is, again, adding some water and microwaving for 2 and a half minutes. Then I add some plain almond milk (NOT vanilla!), a little salt, and sometimes a little cheese if I'm feeling daring. The almond milk certainly makes it creamier.

So what's your favorite easy mashed potato "recipe?"

No comments:

Post a Comment